Pondera Medical Center is pleased to announce that we have teamed up with the Montana Health Network and Northeast Montana AHEC; and we are now offering Online CNA classes! The online course work will be paired with clinical study and testing at PMC. Certified Nurses Aids play a key role in the care we provide our residents in our Award-Winning, 5-star rated Long Term Care Facility. If you are ready to start your career in the gratifying role as a Certified Nursing Assistant, please contact Jenny Broesder at Pondera Medical Center to learn more and schedule clinical at PMC.
Course Description: The Nursing Aid curriculum will prepare students for careers in healthcare under the supervision of the Licensed RN or LPN. Students learn the basic entry-level nursing skills to work in the healthcare setting as a Certified Nursing Aid. Curriculum includes providing or assisting in client care, bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, ambulation, transferring, feeding, and use of equipment, documenting, and reporting the general well-being of the resident.
Theory and clinical study will provide necessary information and skills needed in long-term, home care, and acute care settings to take the Montana Department of Health, State Competency Evaluation Examination, which is required for the Nursing Assistant State Registry.
· Access to a computer with internet (Desktop computers available in the PMC IT Dept.)
· Coordinated colored scrubs that fit properly
· Work shoes with closed toe
The State exam includes written (computer) as well as a clinical (skills) portion. Clinical Testing will be conducted at Pondera Medical Center. Testing is through and examples are available online at: www.hdmaster.com.
Students must provide proof of the following health requirements prior to enrollment (PMC can assist in this list):
· Tuberculosis testing-two step PPD or chest x-ray (Positive results requires a physician’s letter before a student can work in the clinical setting).
· Diphtheria-Tetanus /Pertussis-Tdap vaccination (up-to-date).
· Influenza Virus Vaccine-in season.
· BLS card-current (Montana Health Network does offer this course if needed).
Sign up for this four-week online course and begin your rewarding journey in the healthcare field from the convenience of your hometown!